headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random Quotes for Writers

**There's still time to try and win a $10 Starbucks card by taking the National Spelling Bee Challenge. Read about in this post.**

I'm staring down a deadline or two and enduring a mild case of blogger's block. It's like writer's block, only it involves not being able to come up with a decent thing to post about.
So, I decided to pull my copy of Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul off my bookshelf and flip through it, praying for inspiration. What I found were a lot of good quotes. Here are a few of my favorites:


Words are clothes that thoughts wear. ~ Samuel Butler


When I want to read a good book, I write one. ~ Benjamin Disraeli


A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. ~ Richard Bach


All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald


When you speak, your words echo only across the room or down the hall. But when you write, your words echo down the ages. ~ Bud Gardner


Talent is long patience. ~ Gustave Flaubert


When you write from the heart, you not only light the dark path of your readers, you light your own way as well. ~ Marjorie Holmes


Have compassion for yourself when you write. There is no failure--just a big field to wander in. ~ Natalie Goldberg

No comments:

Blog Archive