headerheaderheaderheader
photo

Friday, July 3, 2009

Book Review: Rest by Keri Wyatt Kent



I've been sprinting through the busyness of my days--both the expected and unexpected events demanding my time and attention. I've snatched occasional glimpses of Keri Wyatt Kent's new book, Rest. And I've wondered, "How do I find time to discover Sabbath Simplicity?"

Kent, who has been practicing Sabbath for 20 years, wrote Rest as a guide to Sabbath Simplicity.

"I wanted to share the blessing of keeping Sabbath with other people who feel frazzled because they are too busy," Kent said. She explains that people avoid Sabbath because they expect it to be heavy with rules and legalistic lists of things you can’t do. "But really, Sabbath is just the opposite—it’s freedom. You set yourself free from the tyranny of your work and chores for a day."

Rest explores six themes: resting, reconnecting, revising, pausing, playing, and praying. The focus of your weekly Sabbath day, Wyatt said, is loving God and loving others.

I'm intrigued by Kent's newest book--and determined it won't get lost in my To Be Read Pile or in the busyness of my life!

Discover more about author Keri Wyatt Kent at her website.

To find out what others are saying about Rest, go here.

No comments: